Souktel is the Middle East's first platform that connects job-seekers with employers--and communities with aid--via mobile phone. Since our start in 2006, close to 20,000 workers and hundreds of companies have signed up for our mobile JobMatch services, and Souktel has linked thousands of young people with jobs and training. Meanwhile, more than 20 leading aid agencies (from the Red Cross to Unicef) actively use our mobile AidLink services to get key information to/from communities in crisis. Across the board, they’re reporting quicker communication with staff and people who need help--and huge savings of time and money. Today, our made-in-Palestine technology is used in over 15 countries across Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean, with new locations and services added each month.
- Mobile text & audio information services launch in communities across Tunisia, Haiti, and Egypt.
- US Secretary of State Clinton cites Souktel's work in her remarks on the Horn of Africa food crisis; regional services reach 100,000+ Somali and Kenyan mobile users.
- JobMatch and AidLink technology featured by CNBC, PBS, Scientific American, and Fast Company magazine.
- JobMatch services launch in Morocco, in partnership with the Near East Foundation
- Staff win the 2010 Mobile Premier Award for Female Entrepreneurship, at the Mobile World Congress
- Souktel and EDC Inc. launch Aidlink news and information services for communities in Darfur and Southern Sudan
- Staff win the King Abdullah Award for Youth Innovation and Achievement at the World Economic Forum for the Middle East
- Souktel and EDC Inc. launch the first East Africa JobMatch service, with funds from US Agency for International Development
- Souktel launches an AidLink information network in Iraq, with US non-profit Mercy Corps
- Souktel works with World Food Program partner CHF to manage emergency food delivery in Gaza via AidLink
- TV Network al-Jazeera and US non-profit Mercy Corps use AidLink to manage Gaza information and relief campaigns.
- World Bank funding helps Souktel launch JobMatch services at four Palestinian universities
- Souktel’s role in promoting Palestinian economic development is profiled on Canada’s CBC TV
- Souktel works with EDC Inc. to coordinate school renovation campaigns in the West Bank via Aidlink
- JobMatch technology supports DAI Inc.’s Palestine Employment Generation Program. 2,000 job-seekers sign up for the SMS job-matching service
- UN-OCHA starts using Aidlink to send security alerts to aid agencies in the West Bank and Gaza