Position Title: Associate, Business Development – Washington, D.C.
About Us: In 2007, Souktel changed the face of international development--by launching the first job and aid information services on mobile devices. Today, we design and deliver digital solutions for 50+ leading implementers across the Middle East, Africa and Asia. Our game-changing work is the reason why we’re market leaders: In 2015, the Wall Street Journal named Souktel’s core product “one of five apps bringing the Next Billion online”. In 2016, we received the PayPal award for Promoting Equality Through Technology. Souktel’s investors include Sadara Ventures (a fund backed by Google, Cisco, and the Soros Economic Development Fund), and San Francisco-based 500 Startups.
Your Job: The Business Development (BD) Associate helps drive Souktel’s BD activities and strategy, supporting senior business development staff. Your work focuses on three main areas: 1) assisting with client outreach on proposals and partnership opportunities; 2) BD knowledge management; and 3) admin and budget support, particularly at the bid response phase. This position is full-time, based in Washington, DC, with competitive compensation that includes stock options.
- Provide daily support to monitor new funder opportunities and industry data reports.
- Help capture, synthesize, and share Souktel’s experience and capabilities in response to specific client and partner requests.
- Initiate client outreach on proposal and partnership opportunities, including tailored pitches.
- Support proposal responses to clients by providing research assistance and helping develop concept notes and proposals.
- Help recruit short- and long-term staff for potential assignments as part of proposal efforts.
- Develop relationships with clients to support Souktel’s broader BD growth and outreach efforts.
- Participate in industry networking opportunities, including USAID events and conferences.
- Contribute to and maintain the BD team’s CRM platform and related tools.
- Help draft internal and external communications materials--including marketing briefs, website content, and presentations.
- BA in international development or a related field.
- Minimum 1 year of relevant work experience in the international development sector.
- Experience working with US funders (especially USAID and US Department of State) a plus.
- Demonstrated understanding of the “ICT4D” sector and trends highly preferred.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in problem solving, and initiative to learn new skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work without direct daily supervision, under tight deadlines, on multiple bid efforts.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills, with keen attention to detail. Strong knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Native proficiency in English; authorized to work in the US.
- Arabic and/or French language proficiency a plus.
To Apply: Please email your CV, cover letter, a professional writing sample and contact details for two professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line of your email, please also include “Business Development Associate” with your last name. Application period ends at 5 pm, Washington, DC local time, on January 19, 2018. Only successful candidates will be contacted.