Position Title: Manager, Business Development – Washington, DC
About Us: In 2007, Souktel changed the face of international development--by launching the first job and aid information services on mobile devices. Today, we design and deliver digital solutions for 50+ leading implementers across the Middle East, Africa and Asia. Our game-changing work is the reason why we’re market leaders: In 2015, the Wall Street Journal named Souktel’s core product “one of five apps bringing the Next Billion online”. In 2016, we received the PayPal award for Promoting Equality Through Technology. Souktel’s investors include Sadara Ventures (a fund backed by Google, Cisco, and the Soros Economic Development Fund), and San Francisco-based 500 Startups.
Your Job: Reporting to Souktel’s senior Business Development (BD) leadership, the BD Manager helps shape Souktel’s growing business development team, driving new growth and partnerships with funders and implementers. This position is full-time, based in Washington, DC, with periodic travel. Compensation is competitive and includes stock options.
- Identify and track key opportunities, through intelligence gathering and client relationship management.
- Lead pre-bid data gathering and positioning: Carry out competitive analyses for new bids, develop “win themes” and technical approaches, negotiate teaming agreements.
- Prepare bids for major open solicitations and proposal submissions, including technical design and costing, PPRs, capacity statements, and proposal text creation.
- Deliver product demos to current/prospective clients and funders.
- Monitor new sector trends, funder strategies and funding solicitations related to “ICT for Development”; identify key opportunities and help develop strategic plans in response.
- Develop technical resource materials for funders and implementing partners.
- Represent Souktel at key sector events (funder conferences, tech sector summits).
- Advanced degree in business administration or development-related field.
- 5+ years of experience in successful proposal development for USAID and other major donors. Focus on “Mobiles for Development” or “ICT for Development” strongly preferred.
- Detailed knowledge of USG proposal rules and regulations; strong knowledge of donor budgeting processes.
- Prior field experience (Middle East or Africa preferred) managing business development and/or projects for large-scale international implementers.
- Exceptional interpersonal, public speaking, and relationship-building skills; exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work without direct daily supervision, under tight deadlines, on multiple bid efforts.
- Ability to travel frequently, on short notice, to field project sites.
- Native proficiency in English; authorized to work in the US.
- Experience managing CRM platforms (Salesforce, Insightly or similar).
- Proficient spoken/written Arabic and/or French.
To Apply: Please email your CV, cover letter, a professional writing sample and contact details for two professional references to email@example.com. In the subject line of your email, please also include “Business Development Manager” with your last name. Application period ends at 5 pm, Washington, DC local time, on January 19, 2018. Only successful candidates will be contacted.