Position Title: Chief Financial Officer
About Us: In 2007, Souktel changed the face of international development--by launching the first job and aid information services on mobile devices. Today, we design and deliver digital solutions for 50+ leading implementers across the Middle East, Africa and Asia. Our game-changing work is the reason why we’re market leaders: In 2015, the Wall Street Journal named Souktel’s core product “one of five apps bringing the Next Billion online”. In 2016, we received the PayPal award for Promoting Equality Through Technology. Souktel’s investors include Sadara Ventures (a fund backed by Google, Cisco, and the Soros Economic Development Fund), and San Francisco-based 500 Startups.
Your Job: Reporting directly to the CEO and Board of Directors, and serving as an integral member of the executive management team, you’ll play a key role in driving the company’s strategic planning and growth into new verticals--while overseeing compliance, accounting, and administration staff and functions. This position is full-time; compensation is competitive and includes stock options.
- Lead annual budget processes, quarterly forecasting & reporting, long-range planning, and growth modeling.
- Lead ongoing cost optimization analysis across all business units. Create and monitor company-wide financial KPI dashboards.
- Manage a distributed global team of accounting and compliance staff and outside contractors.
- Lead finance-side set-up of new business units and/or regional offices.
- For Souktel’s US government contracts, oversee ongoing compliance with FAR, OMB, AIDAR & FAM requirements
- For US government contracts, lead annual ICR review & NICRA planning.
- Conduct final reviews of US government cost proposals, prior to bid submission.
- Maintain and monitor implementation of all corporate accounting policies & procedures.
- Lead annual US govt. Single Audit and prepare SEFA.
- Ensure ongoing US tax & financial regulatory compliance and maintenance of internal controls. Oversee financial & operational risk monitoring and mitigation.
- Prepare key investor reports, deliver investor briefings & respond to ad hoc investor requests.
- Evaluate and analyze new financing opportunities. Lead finance-side preparation & negotiation for new equity/debt financing rounds.
- Lead ESOP administration & reporting.
- Advanced degree in finance, accounting, or business administration. CPA/CMA preferred.
- 7+ years’ work experience in a senior financial management, accounting and/or compliance role, including leadership of US govt. Single Audit processes.
- Strong experience in strategic and operational financial planning & analysis at portfolio and project levels.
- Expertise in Deltek Costpoint, COGNOS, B+P, and/or CFO dashboard preferred.
- Ability to work as part of a distributed/virtual team.
- Exceptional organizational, communication, and time management skills.
- Ability to confidently and professionally deliver public presentations.
To Apply: Please email your CV or LinkedIn profile link, along with contact details for two professional references, to email@example.com. In the subject line of your email, please also include “CFO” with your last name. Application period ends at 5 pm, Washington, DC local time, on January 19, 2018. Only successful candidates will be contacted.