Position Title: Project Manager – Ramallah, Palestine
About Us: In 2006, Souktel changed the face of international development -- by launching the first job and aid information services on mobile devices. Today, we design and deliver digital solutions for 50+ leading implementers across the Middle East, Africa and Asia. Our game-changing work is the reason why we’re market leaders: In 2015, the Wall Street Journal declared Souktel’s core product “one of five apps bringing the Next Billion online”, and Forbes named the company to its list of “10 Startups You Need to Know”. Souktel’s investors include Sadara Ventures--a fund backed by Google, Cisco, the Skoll Foundation and the Soros Economic Development Fund.
Your Job: Working under the guidance of Senior Project Managers, you’ll help drive end-to-end implementation of digital service projects for Souktel clients. This position is full-time, based in Ramallah, with periodic travel to Souktel project sites. Compensation is competitive and includes stock options.
- Help prepare draft pitch documents, budgets and product demos for clients/new prospects.
- Help lead initial client meetings, presenting and demonstrating technology.
- Work directly with clients to understand use cases/business needs and general technical scoping.
- Communicate client needs to software developers, work with software developers to identify additional technical requirements, costs and timelines/milestones.
- Manage the set-up of network connectivity for new services, in partnership with mobile networks.
- Support all project budget, vendor/consultant reporting and invoicing.
- Carry out user-side quality assurance testing of new products, prior to client release.
- Train client on technology use, and provide follow-up user support to client as needed.
- Represent Souktel at project-related events, and at client country sites.
- Degree in relevant international development/project management discipline. Master’s degree preferred; PMP certification desirable.
- Native-level proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Minimum 5 years’ prior employment as a project manager for a USAID/DFID/EU/UN implementing organization, or global management consulting firm in the MENA/Africa region.
- Prior experience managing “ICT for Development” projects for international development organizations/aid agencies, or global consulting firms.
- Ability to work without direct daily supervision on multiple/ simultaneous projects.
- Ability to travel on short notice, to field project sites.
- Exceptional organizational, communication, and time management skills.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Ability to confidently and professionally deliver public presentations to clients.
To Apply: Please email your CV (or LinkedIn profile link), a professional writing sample and contact details for two references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.