Position Title: Research Associate - Amman, Jordan
About Us: In 2006, Souktel changed the face of international development -- by launching the first job and aid information services on mobile devices. Today, we design and deliver digital solutions for 50+ leading implementers across the Middle East, Africa and Asia. Our game-changing work is the reason why we’re market leaders: In 2015, the Wall Street Journal declared Souktel’s core product “one of five apps bringing the Next Billion online. Souktel’s investors include Sadara Ventures--a fund backed by Google, Cisco, the Skoll Foundation and the Soros Economic Development Fund.
Your Job: Working under the guidance of the Amman-based Director of Strategy & Programs, as part of Souktel’s fast-growing business development team, you’ll help drive the company’s solution-driven approach to projects and partnerships. This position is full-time, based in Amman, Jordan. Compensation is competitive.
- Carry out research assignments related to sector-, region- or solution-specific topics.
- Conduct pre-bid data gathering and positioning: Carry out competitive analyses for new bids, contribute to the development of “win themes” and technical approaches.
- Monitor and identify new sector trends and funder/donor strategies related to “ICT for Development”; contribute to the development of strategic plans in response.
- Develop ad-hoc, internal market briefings and analyses to support the needs of Souktel teams.
- Contribute to the development of Souktel’s client-facing communications materials (including the corporate website, overviews, and project/client case studies).
- University degree in business administration, economics, international development or similar.
- At least 3 years of experience in the international development/aid sector or in management consulting, with a preference for experience in the MENA region and/or donor HQ locations (e.g. Washington DC, London, Brussels).
- Exceptional problem-solving, business analysis and research skills, in conjunction with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Great interpersonal, public speaking, and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to work without direct daily supervision, under tight deadlines, on multiple/simultaneous tasks.
- Native proficiency in written and spoken English; Arabic and/or French are a plus.
- Experience in managing CRM and/or knowledge management platforms (e.g. Insightly CRM, Microsoft SharePoint).
To Apply: Please email your CV, your LinkedIn profile link, a professional writing sample and contact details for two professional references to email@example.com. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.