Position Title: Senior Project Manager – Ramallah, Palestine or Washington, DC
About Us: In 2006, Souktel changed the face of international development -- by launching the first job and aid information services on mobile devices. Today, we design and deliver digital solutions for 50+ leading implementers across the Middle East, Africa and Asia. Our game-changing work is the reason why we’re market leaders: In 2015, the Wall Street Journal declared Souktel’s core product “one of five apps bringing the Next Billion online”, and Forbes named the company to its list of “10 Startups You Need to Know”. Souktel’s investors include Sadara Ventures--a fund backed by Google, Cisco, the Skoll Foundation and the Soros Economic Development Fund.
Your Job: Working under the guidance of the COO, and supervising multiple Project Managers, you’ll lead end-to-end implementation of digital service projects for Souktel clients. This position is full-time, based in Ramallah, Palestine or Washington, DC with periodic travel to Souktel project sites. Compensation is competitive and includes stock options.
- Lead communication/coordination between clients, Souktel’s Business Development team, and Souktel’s technical team on all deliverables related to project implementation.
- Hold scoping meetings with clients to capture high-level use cases for new software systems. Present and demonstrate Souktel technology.
- Communicate client needs, costs, and timelines internally to Project Managers and Souktel’s technical team.
- Lead communication between client and technical team during development/testing phases.
- Carry out user-side reviews of new products, prior to client release.
- Deliver finished product; train client on technology use, and provide follow-up support to client as needed.
- Create and manage budgets, reports, and invoices for client projects.
- Liaise with media outlets to showcase finished products/services.
- Represent Souktel at local/regional events.
- Degree in relevant international development/project management discipline. Master’s degree preferred; PMP certification desirable.
- Native proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Minimum 5 years’ prior employment as a senior project team member for a USAID/DFID/EU/UN implementing organization.
- Detailed knowledge of USAID/US State Department/UN project processes and policies/procedures.
- Prior experience managing “ICT for Development” projects for international development organizations/aid agencies.
- Prior experience managing teams of project staff in non-US settings.
- Ability to work without direct daily supervision on multiple/ simultaneous projects.
- Ability to travel on short notice, to field project sites.
- Exceptional organizational, communication, and time management skills.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Ability to confidently and professionally deliver public presentations to clients.
To Apply: Please email your CV (or LinkedIn profile link), a professional writing sample and contact details for two references to email@example.com. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.