Job Title: Senior Project Manager - Washington, DC
Summary: Reporting to Souktel’s Director of Programs, the Senior Project Manager helps manage a broad portfolio of projects with a diversity of clients. The Senior Project Manager also manages a team of Project Managers and nurtures their professional development. This position is full-time, based in Washington, DC, with regular travel to Souktel project sites and occasional travel to its Middle East regional office. Compensation is competitive and includes stock options.
- Serve as primary interface with clients in project implementation
- Manage overall contract including contract negotiations, modifications, budgets, etc.
- Provide day-to-day oversight of Project Manager (PM) and validate outputs
- Manage high-level relationship with subcontractors and consultants
- Develop task order business, including gathering intelligence and information for new pursuits
- Coordinate the design and implementation of key contract components, including ICT strategy development, digital solution design, software launch, and other services.
- Oversee Souktel’s contributions to workplans, performance monitoring plans, or other foundational strategy documents
- Manage relationships with clients, partners, and funders, as well as with Souktel’s internal teams
- Ensure programmatic and administrative compliance, including submission of all reports
- Support new business development
- Responsible for overall project financial monitoring, including review of monthly budget projections vs. actuals, ensuring accuracy of tracker, and reporting out on performance to Director of Programs
- Review and report on project financials to client, in partnership with Finance team
- Support invoicing processes
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, international development, or related field.
- 2-3 years of experience in successful project management for USAID and other major donors
- Demonstrated understanding of or strong interest in “Mobiles for Development” or “ICT for Development”
- Detailed knowledge of USG contracting rules and regulations; strong knowledge of donor budgeting processes
- Prior experience managing project budgets, contracts, and communications preferably in the Middle East or Africa regions.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work without direct daily supervision, under tight deadlines, on multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Ability to travel frequently, on short notice, to field project sites
- Native proficiency in English; authorized to work in the US
- Masters or advanced degree in a development-related field
- Experience supporting organizational development and change management, including developing process flows, systems, and templates
- Proficient spoken/written Arabic and/or French
To Apply: Please e-mail your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, please include “Application for Senior Project Manager” with your last name. Application period ends at 5 pm, Washington, DC local time, on Friday, April 27, 2018. Only successful candidates will be contacted.