Position Title: Technical Consultants – Multiple Sectors & Locations
About Us: In 2006, Souktel changed the face of international development--by launching the first job and aid information services on mobile devices. Today, we design and deliver digital solutions for 50+ leading implementers across the Middle East, Africa and Asia. Our game-changing work is the reason why we’re market leaders: In 2015, the Wall Street Journal declared Souktel’s core product “one of five apps bringing the Next Billion online”. Souktel’s investors include Sadara Ventures--a fund backed by Google, Cisco, the Skoll Foundation and the Soros Economic Development Fund.
Your Job: Souktel is growing its roster of technical specialists who will deliver expert, short term advising to global projects. Working with both the project management and business development teams, you will provide strategic input into active programs and proposals in your technical area of expertise, helping to design ICT interventions for our clients and donors. Individual assignments are short-term, and may require travel to Souktel project sites in the Middle East, Africa, or Asia.
Souktel is seeking experts in the following fields:
- Agricultural Market Systems
- Early Grade Reading
- Countering Violent Extremism
- Civil Society Engagement
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Media Strengthening
- Youth Employment
- Disaster Risk Reduction
- SME Development
- Land Tenure and Property Rights
- Election Systems Strengthening
- Improved Governance (Anti-corruption, e-governance focus desired)
- Provide technical expertise to support Souktel’s active projects, long-term sector strategy development, ongoing solution research and development, and forward market partnering.
- Liaise with client project staff to co-lead user centered design processes at project start-up, together with Souktel’s design team. Advise Souktel’s design team on intervention planning.
- Advise Souktel and/or client personnel on proposal preparation by participating in technical design sessions, authoring content, and/or reviewing scopes of work relevant to the technical area of expertise.
- Advanced degree in relevant technical area of expertise.
- 10+ years of experience in project design and/or management for USAID and other major donors. Focus on “Mobiles for Development” or “ICT for Development” strongly preferred.
- Prior field experience (Middle East or Africa preferred) leading technical assistance to projects for large-scale international implementers.
- Familiarity with USAID, DFID, UN approaches to the relevant technical sector.
- Ability to travel to field project sites in Africa and Asia, on short notice.
- Native proficiency in English.
To Apply: Please email your CV (or LinkedIn profile link) and contact details for two professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Technical Consultant” in the subject line. Application period ends 5 ET on August 29, 2016.